Thursday, August 5, 2010

Long Time No See



Alright, I'll be consistent from now on.
So, if some of you were not aware, I am preparing for the Philadelphia RKC this coming September. For this month I am all "RKC prep. mode", since I am finishing my summer class next week and not working anymore.

Now that I updated the information, I will state my good and exciting news: I've gotten 100 snatches with my 55 pound KB in 5:16 minutes yesterday! That means I am a lot closer to being well prepared for my RKC. I've done other exercises after to use up the extra energy I got from accomplishing that.

I say visualizing and feeling the accomplishment works :) I tried it for the first time (I'm trying as many techniques as possible to get the goal) specifically for snatching during the RKC in about 4:30 minutes. I have these pictures on my desktop, and on my whiteboard next to my room.

I'll try post my training everyday; if I don't, I will post 2 days in one post.

5th of August:
  • 55 pounds KB dead-snatches: 6 x 3 reps/side, had to dip a bit. I also have to work on extending completely and not dipping too early.
  • Viking push-presses with 35 pounds KB: Set 1 -> 20 reps, set 2-4 -> 15 reps, tried it out for fun
  • Iso. hold at bottom of press: 1 set with 35 pounds held for 54 seconds per side
  • GTG pistols: 8x3reps/side (1 set every 1/2 hour)
  • GTG pull-ups: 12x5 reps/side (1 set every 1/2 hour, except when eating)
It was supposed to be an off-day today, but I think I'll save it for next week.

This weekend, it's back to "fun" exercises with Brett Jones' RKC prep. program (I am going to be on week 2 of the program).

No comments:

Post a Comment