Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Week 3 of snatch work


My first day (Tuesday, August 17th) went awesome! I was pumped the whole day :P

I did:
  • RKC snatch test: 55 pound bell, 100 reps in 4:50 minutes (woot!)
  • Heavy TGUs: 70 pounds, 8 singles/side while either going straight to the other arm, orgetting a drink (i.e. not too much rest)
  • Side-to-side pull-ups: 3 x 4 reps/side (not really, towards the end I was pretty much doing a pull-up and then going to the side... I'll have to lower the reps probably)
  • Ab roll-out: 3 x 3 reps with 5 second pause at stretched position
The video is proof of my accomplishment :D


Wednesday I did not go as hard as Tuesday, I even lowered the volume a bit:
  • RKC snatch test: 55 pound bell, 90 reps in 4:40 minutes
  • Dynamic-iso C&P: 55 pound bell, 18 singles per side with 6 second pause when arm is parallel to ground while resting 1 minute between sets
  • Elbow-on-knee rows: 70 pound bell: 3 x 6 reps/side
  • Negative presses: 70 pound bell, 3 singles with 2 minutes rest (pretty good control from top to middle)
  • Ab roll-out: 3 x 3 reps with 5 second pause at stretched position
  • Farmers walk: One 55 pound bell, and one 70 pound bell. I would walk about 20 yards, drop the weights, turn around, pick the weights up, walk another 20 yards, and repeat (did not take note how many)
So now I am going to take the next week easy, lower my volume and a bit of intensity.

RKC, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment