Saturday, August 7, 2010

RKC prep program #2

Circuit #2: with a 45 pound kettlebell
  • Military press (MP) x 6 reps/side
  • Swings x 20 reps
  • MP x 6 reps/side
  • C&FS x 8 reps
  • MP x 6 reps/side
  • Snatch x 8 reps/side
  • MP x 6 reps/side
  • TGU x 2 reps/side
  • MP x 6 reps/side
I did two circuits of these, but on the second I started doing 5 MPs after the snatches. I was able to get 1 rep extra on the MP sets (last week I did 5 reps on the MPs).

Couple of minutes rest, then a super set of:
  • {55 pound TGUs x 2 reps/side while alternating sides on every rep -> 20 swings with a 55 pound KB} x 2 sets
  • {Mixed grip pull-ups x 5 reps -> 20 swings with a 45 pound KB} x 3 with no rest in between sets
Unfortunately, I tweaked my shoulder yesterday while rolling with someone at the brazilian jiu-jitsu class last night. At least I was able to do the workout (almost) pain free, but it started to act up during the day... so for the rest of the day I nursed my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment