Friday, August 20, 2010

Tapering

Thursday I just did a couple of GTG sets with:
  • Pistols: 4 x 3 reps/side
  • 2-up, 1-down pull ups (on the concentric): 4 x 2 reps - go up about 2 inches, down 1 inch, etc.
Then I had to get ready to go to the dentist with my brother. Later during the day I did:
  • Club-like swings with the sledge hammer: 5-10 minutes (until I got pretty fatigued; did not time it)
Read/listened to some marketing things and then played Risk with my mom and sister during the evening (I'm winning of course :P).


Friday I did the usual: cicruit #1 with 45 pound+35 pounds, but with lower volume relating to my peak of last week.
  • Swings x 12 reps
  • MP x 4 reps
  • Swings x 12 reps
  • FS x 3 reps
  • Swings 12 reps
  • Snatch x 4 reps/side
  • Swings x 12 reps
  • TGU x 1 rep/side
  • Swings x 12 reps
For 3 circuits with 3 minutes rest between.
Then:
  • Wide-grip pull-ups: 5 x 3 reps (also taper)
  • Superset of {Swings with 55 lbs+55 lbs x 10 reps -> ab roll-out with 5 second pause at stretched position x 3 reps} x 3 sets
  • Bottoms-up presses (BUPs) for fun: 5 singles and 3 doubles
I might do some more BUPs later today.

Hands aren't all ripped :) only one left to heal... I hope it's done after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment