Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Snatches #2 Week 2

GAAAAHH!

I thought I had it. I was sure I had it. Unfortunately, doing snatches while counting = not properly counting.
Good thing I've started to record myself (mostly because I've seen some flaws in my techniques after reviewing my recorded videos). One thing I noticed of the snatch is that I "cast" the bell out on my left side, but not on my right. I will have to fix my left side because that might be the cause for my finger ripping cases.


My results after timing the video and re-counting the reps
  • 99 friggin' reps in 5 minutes
On the positive side, I'm very close, and I have really improved since the first time I tried snatching the 55 pound bell 100 times (which was an embarrassing 9:35 minutes).

After the snatches, I did:
  • Dynamic isometric presses with a 55 pound bell - 14 singles/side pausing at sticking point (eye level) for 6 seconds
  • Elbow-on-knee rows with 65 pounds (stacked KBs) - 4 x 6 reps/side
  • Windmills with 65 pounds (stacked KBs) - 4 x 5 reps/side
I will get there. I will have this certification in my hands on September.

No comments:

Post a Comment